Thursday 17 December 2009

All hail the Octopus !

Is it Octopuses or Octopi? I'm never really sure. Regardless of my woeful ignorance for pluralising oceanic tentacled lifeforms, just how intelligent are these creatures anyway?



This one seems to have worked out that a coconut shell can be both utilised as a crash helmet and a handy hiding place. There's clear intelligence here as the Octopus first finds the coconut and then takes it with him to cleverly use later on.

I wonder what he would do if he found something more useful like a Machine Gun. An Octopus with a Machine Gun could really clean up.

Is this Octopus really that intelligent though? If people saw me up our Local High Street hiding under a coconut, I'd be branded an idiot. They see an Octopus do it and suddenly he's a Genius. Octopuses get all the breaks.




jenkin7 - Giftware & Collectables
www.jenkin7.co.uk - www.jenkin7.com
Giftware & Collectables

0 comments: