Tuesday 13 May 2008

5,6,1 Blast Off

Lets see...

It's a boiling hot day, I'm in an Office with no proper ventilation, there's major drilling occurring in the street outside, I've got a thumping headache, so what better time to write an opening blog? Well anytime really.. except maybe a time being chased by a mad elephant or stuck underwater somewhere with only two minutes of oxygen left.

Well Hello!

I'm thinking I should have written the hello bit at the beginning. Being fairly green to this new strange world of Internet blogging, I'm hoping you can let this minor faux pas pass unpunished. If you can't.... well... I don't know... maybe there's some sort of button you can push somewhere.

My name is Nick, a chap in his early thirties, single, and after a ten year stretch employed in the financial industry am now happily self employed in the the, surprisingly less stressful, domain of sales... a domain perhaps even stranger than the world of blogging. Well maybe.

If I could say one word about Banks and their office politics, that word would be, "Arrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!". A word no doubt still screamed by employees after they undergo their quarterly staff performance appraisals, taken by someone who hardly knows them. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my sentence at the Banks, first with HSBC in Southend-on-Sea and then later with C Hoare & Co at London Fleet Street. They made me what I am today... hang on... maybe I do regret it. No no, you must always push on... never look back. For wasn't it that famous French woman who once famously sang, "Je Ne Regret Rien"? And you and I both know what that means, despite what my old French GCSE grade Certificate would have you believe.

Yes, blogging then. Through this short meandering ramble, I guess I've now joined the mighty and maybe dark realm of bloggers everywhere. Now all I have to do is to find a way to stop that incessant drilling. Maybe that mad elephant is available I mentioned earlier.



jenkin7 - Giftware & Collectables

0 comments: